At Homes of Personal Enrichment & Sobriety Services (H.O.P.E.S.S.), we strive to teach as many people as we can to help those who struggle the most. We believe the more people who are trained to help others, the more we can accomplish our mission of lowering drug addiction and treating uncontrolled mental health issues.
Contact us to know more about how we can further your education and training.
MASTER’S AND BACHELOR’S INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE
Hopess is experienced in working with in and out of state colleges. We are knowledgeable about the paperwork your field instructor needs for you to start your internship or practicum. You can start by contacting us. We will set up an interview time either by phone or in person. This interview is established for you to get to know us and for Hopess to get to know you. If we both determine that this is a fit, we will establish your schedule. Because we are open 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week, we can be flexible with your hours. You can work any day and either mornings, afternoons, evenings, or all of these. Interns will be supervised by an LPC and other clinicians working in our centers. Interns will learn the following:
- How to complete a biopsychosocial/assessment
- How to conduct process and psychoeducational groups
- Individual therapy
- Discharge Summaries and Discharge Planning
- How to document clinical notes
- Treatment plan formulation and updates
- How to perform ART meetings and engage in coordination of care practices
- Self-Administration of Medications
- Development of Diagnosis
- State Standards of practice, documentation, rules, and regulations that govern clinician practice, and ethics
- How to staff cases with supervisor
- How to complete and ASAM and score
- How to administer diagnostic assessments and score
- How to carry out clinical interventions
- How to develop a safety and crisis plan
If you have any interest in volunteering at Hopess, we require that you complete a volunteer packet and we also need a copy of a picture ID. We will orient you to our program and discuss with you what your volunteer guidelines and expectations are. Working with our residents is very rewarding and if you are new to working with individuals in a treatment setting but would like to gain experience, this is an excellent opportunity to get involved. Are you retired and would like to teach a cooking class once a month or more? Are you in recovery and passionate about a topic that you would like to teach our residents? Are you a Yoga instructor? A fitness coach? A Reiki Master? Your ability to volunteer is endless. Just reach out to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your volunteer desires. We hope to hear from you.